Friday, September 10, 2010

Huelva: The H is silent.

Well it is just 2 days before I make the hop across the pond to Spain.  I figure I better write a practice entry to make sure I know how to do this.  I've never had a blog before and honestly when I was in Chile I would sometimes go weeks without writing in my journal, so I can't make any promises but I will try to keep you all updated as much as possible.  I will living and teaching in Huelva.  It's a city in south western Spain, close to Portugal.  In Spanish the H is silent, so all you non Spanish speakers don't pronounce that H.  The map shows that it is also close to Sevilla, so hopefully a short bus ride will bring me that hot spot of Andalucia for a long weekend or something.

Yesterday I woke up with butterflies in my stomach, which either means I'm starting to get really nervous or really excited.  I have been planning, preparing and anticipating this day for so long I can't believe it is almost here.  Although I am far from being ready, my cloths are still all just sitting on my bed.

This summer had been an interesting one.  I've learned that even what you thought would be consistent changes with time.  It has made me really appreciate the time I have gotten to spend with my family and close friends.  All of your support and love has made this so much easier on me.  I'm blessed to have such a  great support system.  Thanks you all and see you in a year!  Unless you feel the urge to come visit in Spain, I'll have a couch ready for you to crash on.

Hasta luego
Katie

1 comment:

  1. Hola Katie, I am sitting next to you right now...can't wait to see you again in Spain this fall. If you ever draw a blank, just say "Yo Puse." Adios my favorite roomate :)

    ReplyDelete